Positive and side effects of Sustanon
Sustanon is a drug made up of four testosterone esters and has properties similar to those that testosterone can have. In a clearer way, it is a drug that contains the active substance, but is divided into 4 drugs that are in the same commercial product and from the same raw materials, but differ only in that each has a different prolonged effect, but by anabolic properties. and this in no way affects the properties of the active substance itself.
Sustanon, sold under the tradenames Sustaretard, Sustamed, Sustaver and others, is a combination of the following testosterone esters:
- propionate: 30 mg;
- phenyl propionate: 60 mg;
- isocaproate: 60 mg
- decanoate: 100 mg.
Among the other ingredients of Sustanon are oil (usually peanut oil) as a solvent and benzyl alcohol as a preservative and antiseptic. This combination of substances constantly maintains high levels of the male hormone in the blood.
History of use in medicine and sports
Sustanon has replaced testosterone preparations, which were already used for hormone replacement therapy (HRT) in the middle of the 20th century.
Sustanon was developed by the pharmaceutical company Organon. The company’s goal was to develop a new drug based on several testosterone esters that could have all its benefits in a single product. After successful trials, the drug began to be marketed in the early 1970s under the trade name “Sustanon 250”, and at the same time, the drug quickly gained special popularity around the world due to the use of steroids in sports.
Positive effects Sustanon
Sustanon has the same benefits and effects as any single testosterone ester, namely:
- increasing the concentration of testosterone in the blood, which allows its use in medical and sports practice;
- the drug reduces pain in the joints and intervertebral discs and also contributes to their recovery due to additional water retention and tissue nutrition with better-preserved proteins and essential substances during this period;
- rapid increase in muscle volume by up to 20% – this is due to additional protein retention in the tissues, which also leads to the accumulation of nitrogen in the muscles, which affects muscle volume;
- progress in the development of muscle mass and strength indicators due to the same anabolic effect produced by the synthesis and accumulation of proteins as well as substances needed for the development of new muscle fibers due to their rapid nutrition and regeneration after exercise;
- anti-catabolic effect by lowering blood cortisol levels;
- increases the number of red blood cells in the blood, which means that it improves the oxygen saturation of cells and thus increases endurance;
- improves metabolism, which can be used to remove fat, but such an effect can only be achieved through a special approach to nutrition and training.
One of the important effects of Sustanon is to increase the concentration of testosterone in the blood, which is quite important for those who take steroids, because endogenous testosterone helps to mask (compensate) the reduction of natural hormone negative anabolic effects. steroids for the natural production of testosterone in the blood.
Sustanon side effects
Because the medicine has similar properties to other testosterone products, you may also experience negative consequences when using Sustanon and have the following reactions in your body if you keep everything running and not monitor your health:
- Increased blood pressure;
- excessive water retention, bloating, rapid weight gain against estrogenic effects;
- female obesity;
- occurrence of gynecomastia symptoms in men;
- enlarged prostate;
- elevated blood cholesterol levels;
- weakening of luteinizing and follicle stimulating hormones;
- reduction of natural testosterone production;
- testicular atrophy;
- possible aggressive behavior and irritability;
- sleep disorders;
- pain and bruising at the injection sites;
- increased hair growth in men;
- deepening of the voice;
- in women, menstrual disorders, ovarian deterioration, mammary gland atrophy and an increase in climate may occur.
In order to minimize the risk of all kinds of reactions and consequences, it is important to check your health indicators during the course, as well as to perform a body examination before and after.